Live Oak, Florida

GEMB lending inc has the worse constumer service around. We fiananced our camper 2 1/2 years ago with them & constantly had trouble with the payments getting to their facility.We would show payment & they would not.

So we set up automatic draft from checking & we showed payment & again they would not until we called. After calling the problem "seemed fixed". All of a sudden our camper was repoed & unknown late fees showed up. The repo team told us that they see this alot with GEMB.

After the repo we were told to wait for a letter teling us what to do that nothing could be done by phone. We recieved the letter late & was given only a few days to figure out a pay off to get the camper back. We were a day late GEMB told us we had until 12/18 @ 5pm. We had a lender go to view the camper 12/17 & the property had been moved to another state without notifying us.

Now we are out of time & GEMB will not help at all. We really have memories in that camper & our 4 small children are going to so sad to hear this news. I understand companies must do certain things- but we have truely been mistreated. This company is hurting alot of people.

We have some investigating to do.

I only wish My camper was here. I cant even enjoy the Christmas season-

Comments

I'm trying to do a class action law suit against Gem Lending call me at 305 9700855

In 2008 we purchased a brand new camper but had to voluntarily return it 6 mths later due to unemployment in our family. GEMB "autioned" our brand new trailer off and rec'd a little more than 1/3 of the value for it and proceeded to bill us for the remainder including extra charges.

I agreed to small payments which I have made until recently. I had to stop paying for a few months, eat or pay GEMB, we chose to eat. WELL when I try to mail a payment last month it comes back, I send it again, it comes back. Apparently they've changed their address and not bothered to notify me.

The one time we've spoken to their customer svc people they were rude and hung up on my husband. The ck sits on my counter until they can give me a new address. They don't communicate with customers and then make it our fault. Hard to do the right thing when they treat you like ***.

Address I have is PO Box 57098, Irvine, CA 92619. :sigh

Try8ing to contact them is a nightmare. Some people tell you they don't even handle the loan and give you the run around.

Other times, the person can get right to it. ***!!!

IN Feb. 2012, I found out that Gemb had sold my loan to Santander Consumer in April 2011 without letting me know. I had continue to make payments to Gemb and they forwarded them on without my knowing it.When contacted, Santander said they did not have my address and I should mail payments to them now.

@Linda Taylor

I'm in the process of trying to do a class action law sue to Gem Lending need your information 305 9700855

In Feb 2012 found out GEMB Lending sold our loan to a consumer credit agency in April 2011. We never were advised this happened.

Continued to make payments to GEMB lending, and they forwarded onto consumer credit agency without our knowledge.

When contacted, Consumer Credit agency said they didn't have our address, and now I should just send all payments to them. Think they should have to show me when they bought our account with the truth in lending laws.

@Sandra Mar***

I'm trying to do a class action sue to Gem Lending call me at 305 9700855 Juan

#420407

Depends on your state laws. Normally the repo company cannot break in to any garage, or locked gate.

it must be sitting out in the open. However it is what they get caught doing, not what they actually do that matters.

It is easy for them to cut the lock and take it then say there was no lock on there. Most won't but there is always a exception.

Agreed! GEMB lending is a scam.

They mess up your payments and then repo your units to earn MORE.. Buyer Beware!

I now see I have a "late payment" on my credit score. It was from my Sam's Club account.

I've never had a line of credit from Sam's Club...What is going on? I called GEMB, they said they would check into it.

That was two months ago. How do you have a late payment when I never had an account with them??

these people are *** they lie cheat and steal from customers never finance with these jerks i am going to boycott every ge connected company

Have tried to call since last Thursday and no answer and no return calls. Never will do business with this company again.

Going to just turn it over to my attorney and let them handle it. :(

They modified (temp. lowered) my boat loan

because they were scared I might default.

The guy said there not doing RV, boat loans anymore. If they BK do I get a free boat? :)

What a bunch of D-bags

GEMB IS THE WORST LENDING COMPANY AROUND, WE FINANCED AN RV THROUGH THEM(NOT OUR CHOICE!) AFTER 8 YRS OF ON TIME PMTS. THE RV WAS TOTALED IN 2010 IN A TROPICAL STORM.GEMB WAS PAID OFF WITH A BAL.

OF $780.00, WE PAID THAT NOW THEY CONTINUE TO HARASS US FOR INT. THEY DECIDED TO ADD ON AFTER PAYOFF, THE JERKS THAT CALL ARE SO RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL THAT I AM GOING TO REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

I DARE YOU TO CONTACT ME BUT YOUR COMPANY IS SO CLOSED MINDED I DOUBT YOU DO, THE LAST TIME SOMEONE CALLED THEY YELLED AT ME , "JUST PAY THE BILL !" HOPEFULLY YOU GET PROPLE TO CAN LISTEN AND BE PROFESSIONAL. D.GALLEGOS

They really need to offer a pay by phone option that doesn't cost 15 bucks! Or an online payment system. This would make life so much easier and I'm sure they'd get more timely payments that way!

i have my motorhome in locked secured yard they say it is up for repo can they break in and take legaly i guess another person seen the repo guy jump the fence to get in

if they cant find it how do they repo it what else does gemb do do they take you to court

The Phone number for GEMB Lending is

800 404 2647. I just called them and everything was pretty easy... loan payoff, history of payment, etc.

Had my 2006 Wildcat camper repoed for 250.00 that I bought new and Thor had the paperwork on that there was never an issue with payments. GEMB sent a FAT rude redneck and his buddy that looked like ELMER FUDD to pickup my camper in the evening.I called GEMB before they hooked up to it and tried to resolve the issue and pay by debit to make the payment of $ 250.00 and HECTOR said it was too late.

It went to a GEMB storage yard in Smyrna,Georgia called GEORGIA RECOVERY.They never notified me when I could remove my tag and personal belongings,the unit was sent to Greer,SC.I took time off from work to drive 3 hours one way to remove my things.When I checked in, the auction person took me to my camper,when I went to unlock the door with my key the door was damaged from someone trying to break in. both doors were damaged,GEORGIA RECOVERY *** heads trying to steal something for a fix.

Never buy anything that has a GE logo on it,I have sent e-mails to my corporate office on non GE purchases for all US locations.With all the repos I seen today 2-09-11 along with mine at the auction yard,good luck GEMB selling these units.Maybe you should look at your ways of business dealings. YOU SUCK !!!!!

I have to say, I've never encountered a problem with Thor or, now, GEMB. But then again, I always paid on time and I finally set up auto pay through my bank. So much easier than worrying about forgetting to mail the payment.